Whitten Building Envelope Consultants seeks highly skilled and motivated building envelope technician with excellent communication skills for immediate full-time employment in Austin, Texas. The building envelope technician will support building envelope senior staff with building envelope condition assessments, forensic investigations, perform field testing services, perform construction phase quality assurance work observation, and other consulting services as needed on projects throughout Texas and the US.
- Minimum five years functional experience in commercial building envelope consulting services or related experience
- IIBEC RRO/REWO registration beneficial but not necessary.
- Knowledge and familiarity with multiple types of low-sloped and steep-sloped commercial roofing systems, air and moisture barriers, above-grade and below-
- grade waterproofing systems
- Experience performing full time and periodic construction site visits to observe,
- document and report on contractor compliance with contract documents
- Experience performing and documenting roofing/waterproofing related quality control construction testing, using both destructive and non-destructive
- techniques and methodology, in accordance with ASTM, ANSI and AAMA
- Experience assisting with and performing investigative roofing/waterproofing
- condition assessments
- Knowledge and familiarity with desktop and notebook computers and Windows
- based software such as MS Office
- Experienced AutoCAD drafter a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects from beginning through completion.
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, high reach equipment, roof levels.
- Ability to routinely lift a minimum of 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, bend,
- crawl, push and pull as needed
- Reliable transportation, valid, current Texas Driver’s license, Texas required
- minimum automobile liability insurance
- Must be able to legally work in the USA
- Must be willing to submit to client required Texas DPS criminal background check
- Occasional overnight travel required
- Bilingual a plus
- OSHA 10 a plus
- Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience
Jim Whitten Roof Consultants, LLC, dba Whitten Building Envelope Consultants was established in 1999 to pursue independent, third-party building envelope consulting services for educational, institutional, governmental, historic, and private sector clients. Please visit our website, www.jimwhitten.com for additional information.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter below.